Profitable Business Ideas in Panama
Are you interested in investing in Panama and want to know exactly which are the most productive sectors in this country? In this article, we will give you some references so that you know which are the most profitable businesses in Panama and you can dare to invest your capital giving a firm step and with confidence.
Unlike other Central American countries, Panama’s economy is based on a large service sector that covers 80% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and is the main recipient of foreign investment that has experienced an enormous economic growth in the Last decade. The economy grew at an annual average of 8.3% between 2004 and 2017, despite the global recession in 2016.
Know the strengths of the Panamanian market before investing:
- Panama uses the US dollar and there is no exchange control.
- 100% foreign ownership is allowed.
- There are no restrictions on the transfer and repatriation of capital and profits.
- There is legislation that guarantees incentives for legal, tax and tax security for investors.
- Panama has not experienced great difficulties as a result of the global crisis.
- It has had economic stability, with a historical record of low inflation and sustained economic growth.
- It is strategically located on the main route of global shipping, provided by the Panama Canal.
- It has a center for air transport.
- It is one of the best countries for telecommunication connectivity in the world.
- It registers a low level of unemployment, of only 4.1%.
- Panama has modern and flexible corporate laws. The registration of a corporate structure in Panama takes about one week.
- It offers all the incentives available equally to Panamanian and foreign investors.
- Panama has signed free trade agreements with the United States, Canada, Colombia, Peru, and Chile.
- List of profitable businesses in Panama
- Below we mention the main sectors where investors find the best opportunities to place their capital.1.- Infrastructure
Panama is halfway to the implementation of a major infrastructure strategy. They currently have a plan for public investment, where 55% is allocated to social infrastructure. There is also important railway infrastructure projects in progress.
There are other infrastructure projects that offer opportunities for new investors and ensure a profitable business in Panama, such as:
- living place
- Roads and urban planning
- Technical and professional schools
- Health centers
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Expansion of the port to support expansion of the Panama Canal2.- Power and renewable energy
In a recent study, Panama was the third most attractive country for those who want to invest in :
- Thermal solar energy
- Wind power
- Clean Coal Energy
- Clean Energy through Liquefied Natural Gas
- Hydroelectric power3.- Generation of electricity, transmission, and distribution
Panama seeks to become a power center for the region. Recently it completed the connection of Central America and it is carrying out a line of distribution with electrical interconnection between Colombia and Panama.
In August 2017, a new law was established to promote the construction and operation of natural gas-fired power plants for the supply of electricity. So this area is a good opportunity for a profitable business for those looking to invest in Panama.
Panama seeks to increase support for the agricultural sector. It is necessary to raise productivity to meet the demands of the market and its progressive growth. There are excellent profitable business opportunities in Panama for investors who have the technology and ideas to help increase productivity in this area.
Panama’s policies have encouraged English through overseas training programs in English-speaking countries. In addition, there is the ‘Panama Bilingual’ project that began in 2015, where all teachers and students must be trained to learn English. This has created a number of profitable businesses in Panama, for private investors and for companies or institutions of higher education in the teaching of languages in Panama.
6.- Ports and sea
The infrastructure of the Panama Canal and its ports is collectively the largest in Latin America. Further expansion of the Canal will be required to meet future demand. This includes maritime services around an extensive port infrastructure and distribution logistics related to these services. It also opens up the opportunity for those who want to offer maintenance and cleaning services to a large number of ships that pass through. Without a doubt, the Panama Ports sector is one of the profitable businesses in Panama for those who want to multiply their assets.
7.- Real Estate
Mainly due to the great economic growth that Panama has had in recent years, this has resulted in a significant number of new residents and citizens, therefore, housing is required for the residence and vacation stays of these new inhabitants. It is necessary to increase the production of this sector to satisfy the high demand, reason why investing in Real Estate in Panama, is one of the opportunities better seen by the eyes of the experts.
Without a doubt, the tourism sector is also a very profitable business in Panama, originated by the boom that has had this country. In this sense, the opportunities to undertake in this area, are overflowing. You will be able to invest in transportation for tourist purposes, walks and tours, resorts, restaurants, discos, casinos, etc, with a high probability that your capital will be strengthened quickly.
Investing in the transportation sector in Panama will always prove to be a very profitable business, you can set up a taxi or private transport line, from airports and tourist hotels, any of these options are perfectly viable to ensure a good business since Every day the population grows more in this country.
Experts predict that Panama’s economic growth will remain strong in the coming years. If you are thinking of investing reliably, we invite you to take into account these recommendations of the most profitable businesses in Panama and ensure the well-being of your future and that of your family.
Read More : Profitable Business Idea in Dominican Republic